Sharktooth specializes in antique and vintage textiles. We don’t sell any reproductions, nor do we import any of our items. All of our pieces are hand-picked at estate sales, auctions and markets all over the country. Our collection includes various floor coverings from Swedish shag to Amish rag, Persian and Caucasian rugs from the early 1800s– 1930s, Turkish kilims, flatweaves from Central and South American, to name a few. We also carry a careful selection of early American quilts, camp blankets, French linen and more. We dye and restore select pieces individually with various materials, methods and processes. Our inventory exceeds what is available online and our collection is constantly changing.
The nature of patchwork is such that each piece has a unique fabric composition which determines how well the dye is retained. It's always a good idea (especially if you have white sheets) to soak dyed materials before use or to do a test for colorfastness by rubbing a piece of white cloth to the quilt.
We recommend washing fragile pieces by hand. Simply soaking the fabric in water and laying flat to dry can be enough to clean a quilt. In the case of staining or hard dirt we recommend consulting a dry cleaner or soaking with a a simple ph neutral soap or rosewater
- Hand wash your quilt separately in cold water
- Rinse until water runs clear
- If your piece is particularly fragile be careful not to tear seams while wet
- Lay flat to dry
- Wash sparingly
RETURN AND EXCHANGE:
- All bedding purchases are final sale, no exceptions.
- Rug pads are custom cut and therefore nonrefundable.
- We accept full returns and exchanges equal to retail price on flooring items up to 7 days of receipt with a 15% restocking fee under the condition that the item is returned in the same condition it was sold.
- After 7 days the item is not returnable.
We offer local same day trials for select rugs with a 20% deposit. Payment information will be kept securely on file until the item is either purchased or returned. In the case of a return, your deposit will be immediately refunded.
Aside from being intricately designed and masterfully detailed, rugs were always created as artful objects to be walked on. Some of our pieces are 200 years old, which is a testament to their durability. It also means that they are often fragile. We do our best to provide thorough descriptions, however if you have concerns, please contact us before you make a purchase. If possible it is always recommended that you see your item in person before purchasing.
- CUSTOM CLEANING AND REPAIR
- CASE BY CASE RESTORATION